Smile and relax! You have just given yourself the very best gift you can ever give yourself- more years of healthy living! So, now the tough part is over. You anticipated your surgery date and how it would go. Now you are home, and are ready to learn how to start living with this awesome gift! It may not be easy everyday, but you now have a full proof portion controller in your body that will help guide you in making better food decisions and most importantly, knowing when full is full. You should be following your surgeons guidelines for Stage appropriate foods, and consuming your protein supplements regularly 2-3 times a day.
The “Tips” and “Must Do’s” are the same in my book! You Must...
- Eat three meals a day of high quality protein.
- Maintain good hydration, by sipping all day long (except during meals).
- Fluids should be non-carbonated, sugar-free and caffeine free.
- Chew your food thoroughly and eat slowly.
- Avoid sugar.
- Practice realizing your body’s feeling of fullness.
- Do NOT drink liquids with meals.
- Don’t snack in between meals.
- Exercise! Follow your surgeons guidelines, but moving is great.
- Do not weigh yourself more than once a week.
- Make sure you find “you” time to relax, unwind and de-stress.
- Get good sleep. Your body’s still healing.
- Do remember where you’ve been and how far you have already come!